cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

150u connection dropping in virtual meetings

Andru
I'm a participant level 2

I have had ongoing issues with connections dropping on my 150u service whenever I use any type of virtual meeting tool. I have experienced this issue with a variety of applications: Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype, and Facebook. Also, I've observed the issue on two different PCs.

Typically I have good service (high quality voice and video) for the beginning of a meeting, and then somewhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours into a meeting I will suddenly experience a sharp decline in service and the connection will repeatedly drop.

Normally, if I run a speed test I get the speeds advertised for 150u; however once the connection starts dropping, speed tests will either fail to initiate or will register very low speeds (only 100s of kbps).

No one else in my home is using the Internet service in parallel and I don't have any issues with download heavy applications, e.g. I can stream HD video for hours without the service degrading.

Before last month I was with a different service provider with a lower download/upload speed plan and never experienced this issue even though they are using the same cable infrastructure as Fido.

For this reason I believe it could be a problem with my modem, specifically when there is steady uplink traffic in parallel with downlink.

I logged into the modem but it is not recording any events in the DOCSIS event log. Not sure if that is a problem with the modem as well, because I have used this type of modem in the past and the event logs regularly recorded data.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Andru

The best option would be to contact tech support. You can reach them at 1-888-259-3436.

Andru

Thanks. I have contacted tech support and will be troubleshooting with a technician on site.