Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread for reporting SMS spam

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

I have been forwarding my spam email-to-SMS to @FidoStephen via PMs to help improve the spam filter for sms.fido.ca

Recently, another community member also posted a similar spam SMS they received. Perhaps a thread dedicated to collecting examples of these types of SMS spam might also help improve the spam filter.

Thoughts?

Cheers

562 REPLIES 562

Hello Ngcheck,

Thanks again for the spam text info. I have forwarded it to the appropiate people at Fido...

In light of the fact you unwittingly provided your personal information to them, have you taken the appropriate measures? At the very least you should change your passwords and cancel your credit card...

You should also consider forwarding the text message to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. Fowarding the information to Fido will help prevent others from receiving the same texts. Since you provided personal information, the Anti-Fraud centre may be able to provide the link to authorities to possibly track the scammers.

You should also consider the advice here. It may seem like a hassle, but any preventative measures taken now are definitely better than trying to sort out stolen identities after the fact.

I'm sorry you have been deceived by those texts. As FidoRayna noted above, there is no need to feel stupid. It happens to the best of us. That's why it's so lucrative for the scammers. 

What's done is done. Now you just need to protect yourself.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

*Edited title to match thread title

ngcheck
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Thank you very much for your kind respond, I placed a fraud alert in my credit file at transunion and equifax, that's only thing I can do to prevent if anything happen. I will forwarding this scam web site to canadian anti fraud centre, hope they were able to do something.  Best regards, Titania

*Edited title to match thread title

Hey @ngcheck  , 

Don't feel stupid, it really happens to everyone and they are getting smarter and smarter with these messages. On our end, we're doing what we can to limit them. 

Did you take the appropriate measures to make sure your personal information is not used?

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Great idea, @Cawtau!

As always, the more examples we get, the better.

Just a note for anyone who is able to provide examples - be mindful not to include any of your personal info here such as your phone number or email address, since this is a public forum Smiley

Thanks!

wickie
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

I have been receiving at least two (2) spam Messages a day for a long time now and am getting really frustrated with it!  When I ask at my local Fido offices all they can suggest is to block the caller.  I now have 44 blocked numbers.  

The folks at Apple suggested going on a National Do Not Call list, but that hasn't changed anything for me.

Kindly instruct me as to 'How to Report' here for Fido (i.e. what links/clks.etc.to use) for when I get the next one. 

Thanks

Hey @wickie!

How are you? I can imagine how much of a hassle this can be for you! I would most definitely  refer you to please click here for more info  

On our end we're doing the best we can to make this stop.

Ryurendan
I'm a participant level 1

Just wanted to contact the Fido team to let them know about a new phishing sms sent to customers. The sms shows the following: "Bonjour c'est Fido : votre profil en ligne a été bloqué pour des raisons de sécurité . Connectez-vous à votre compte à partir du lien : compte-mobile.com "
The hyperlink opens a page that asks the client to enter ALL his account information and personnal information.

** Edited to remove link ** 

Hey @Ryurendan ,

Thanks for flagging this, I moved your post to this thread as it fits well here. This is a spam SMS that we're aware of and we're working hard to make this stop.

Take a look at this thread, you might find some useful tips to help with this Smiley

Hello,

A couple more...

Screenshot_2016-10-02-11-55-27.pngScreenshot_2016-11-05-05-03-04.png

Cheers

Hey @Cawtau Smiley 

Thank you for flagging this.

I will make sure to forward this to @FidoStephen.

Kcmac71

I received the following text today. Is it spam? Usually my messages from fido are in English but I just added an additional phone so wasn't sure.  

From 902-984-1208

INFO FIDO:  Votre compete sera malheueuse desactive dans les prochains jour...

then a link to follows When I log to fido though it doesn't look like anything is up. I am assuming it is spam and will block once confirmed.

Welcome to the community @Kcmac71! I moved your post since we had a similar thread. Smiley

As for the text message, please ignore it. We will never send a text message to you from a 10 digit number. 

From a little while back, but I don't think I have forwarded this one previously...

Screenshot_2015-12-03-17-39-18.png

Cheers

vanouverish

I received a spam text message today...

F2DADB51-276C-4F1D-A341-B2D8D393F993.png

Hello Vancouverish,

Welcome to the community and Happy New Year!

Thanks for the information! Have you had a chance to forward those messages to 7726 (SPAM)?

Cheers

Hello,

Here's another...

Screenshot_2016-05-27-21-21-46.jpg

Cheers