cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Fido App

mgriff54
I'm a participant level 3

I just got an email today from Fido to register and download the app. I downloaded it and it is not working at all. Anyone else having a problem? The app won't show up on the home screen as Fido, will not go into landscape mode, and only show in half a screen and the rest is black. 

Thanks

**Edited to add label

9 REPLIES 9

DennisdaMenace
I'm a participant level 2

Same here.  New update booted me out a few times then this showed up:

'You have downloaded an app using a link or QR code from Onelink.to.
You can now close this page.
©2023Onelink.to'

i deleted app but when I went to App Store there are a number of Fido apps. I have an iPhone. 

And while I'm here, how about an Unlimited Data plan ...  Thanks!

DennisdaMenace

Update: Finally got new app reinstalled. 

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @mgriff54!  Smiley

Really odd that's happening. Did you try to restart your phone after the update? Also did you try to uninstall and install the app again?

mgriff54

Thanks, and yes I have tried twice what you have suggested. It is not on my phone but on my iPad Air2. 

Got it!  Are you connected on Wi-Fi by any chance? If yes, can you disable it and try again?

Let me know how it goes for you.

mgriff54

Thanks for your reply, I tried that and nothing happened. I am thinking that the app is not for IPads? 

Hi there @mgriff54

I just tested it out on my end!

In the iTunes/App Store, the app isn't availabe in the "iPad Only" section in the menu. 

It's available in the "iPhone Only" section, in that same menu. 

Click on "iPad only" and select "iPhone Only". 

You can install the Fido My Account app from there Smiley Hope this helped!

@mgriff54 Glad that it worked! Right now the app is designed for iPhone, but you can still use it on your iPad. Smiley

Cheers!

mgriff54

Thanks Cathrine, I did what you said and it did download but it is still for iPhone only. You can't have a landscape mode and it is in small size. But thanks again and hopefully they will come out with an update for iPad.