cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyAccount shows "Error 404--Not Found"

DWca
I'm a participant level 2

I was able to access the app til recently, but has never able to enjoy the benefit of "+5 hours of Data" from the inception of the feature.The technician at Fido tried a few tricks, all failed. So I just gave up. Now I can't access  My Account from my cell. It shows "Error 404--Not Found From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol--HTTP/1.1: 10.4.5 404 Not Found......" every time when I try to access the app. The wifi was not on, the connection was LTE or 4G. It shows the same message when I tap the button of Usage, Balance, Service, or More. The app is an old version. I found a new one on my phone, called Fido App Zone. But the same message shows again. Please help! Thanks very much.

5 REPLIES 5

BarbaraSmyth

I am in tunesia and gave no access to my banks. Can you give me until the 6-7 of fevrier to pay in total. I don't have phone connection from here.

Hello BarbaraSmyth,

Welcome to the community!

I understand you are outside of Canada at the moment. However, are you able to access your My Account via the website? Unfortunately, if you would like to discuss your bill, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. This is the Community forum and not intended as a venue for customer services. Being community-driven, we do not have access to anyone's account information. We can only provide general information. Any specific issues would need customer service assistance.

That said, I don't think there is much leeway with regards to payment after due dates. I think payments would be processed and possible late payment charges incurred by the system. I'm not sure whether customer service can make alterations to the system.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello DWca,

I replied to your other post here.

What version of android is your phone using? While the Google Play website notes that the My Account app requires Android 5.0 and up, it's possible that the updated app is no longer compatible with Android 5. I believe the most current version of android for the S4 is android 5.0.1. If your phone is not using that version, are you able to update the OS for that device anymore?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

BarbaraSmyth

I have no idea??

DWcaa
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Thanks for your reply. I called 611, and spoke to Jayson. He was able to help me solving the issue. Unlike previous attempts, which involved uninstall/reinstall the app, he took off my account from the source and reinstated it. The user name of the new account is my email account, rather than the old user name which was a combo of letters I created years ago. It worked! And that's also the reason why I have a different user name here because of the new account.