cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use Data Bytes through app

Anna70
I'm a participant level 3

I'm using the app with 'Cellular Data' turned on; I want to use a free databyte and it's saying they are used, but I have two '1-hour' data bytes left; I can't access my account through the app

Is the app vomple

tely tied up with users; I always have trouble getting in to my account

can somebody fix the bugs please?

9 REPLIES 9

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Anna70! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'll b happy to help you with your Data Bytes! First off, I'll need to ask you a few questions:

1. Are you able to access that app (i.e. get to the app homepage)?

2. If yes, are you able to see the 5 hours of extra data banner on the home page or are you able to access it from the ''MORE'' tab on the bottom right?

Let us know!

Anna70

I'm able to access the App, but I'm not being offered the free 5 Data bytes ; this problem started during my last billing cycle, and has continued through this billing cycle (only 9 days left) and I am not being offered the 5 free data bytes:

gas this been stopped??

Hey @Anna70! Philippe here. I'll be happy to help you with your data. Smiley

Can you tell me what version of the app you currently have please?

Also, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app today?

Let us know.

Anna70

Maybe Fido should answer the question, as whatever I try, I do not get the option for 5 free Data bytes' hours;

maybe, this option has been stopped,

I have 4.7 App version (updated)  so what gives; I can't even select 'Alberta' as my original residence;

what the frig?? Very frustrating...

The new version of the app (which you have) should have fixed the Data Bytes problem for you @Anna70.

Can you clarify if you've tried to uninstall and reinstall the app please? If you've not done so since the update, I would try it and see if that works. If you're still having problems after that, let us know here, with some screenshots if possible, and we'll take it from there.

Anna70

I can access the App but no where is the App showing me any access to free data bytes.., I've tried many times; sometimes, the App comes up in French, as well, which sadly I do not understand 

Hey @Anna70

What type of phone are you using? Also, is your app on the latest version?

Anna70

I-phone 10 XR

APP IS UPDATED !

this 'extra data bytes' comes with my Fido plan; I never had any problems before just in the last two months; the'Free Data Bytes' option is not even showing as an option anymore, so I'm not able access this 'perk'

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the update @Anna70 Smiley

When you say you have the latest update, are you on app version 4.6.3 or 4.7?

4.7 has begun rolling out and has the fix for what you're experiencing. If you don't yet have it, you should be getting it over the next few days.

Hope that helps Smiley