2017 Ford Sync 3

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 yourlonestar
I'm a Participant Level 1

2017 Ford Sync 3

Does anyone have a Ford with Sync 3. I can't access the chat feature on my iphone SE . It's seems that Fido does't support sync like it's 3 major Canadian carriers. For me this is a major issue as I like Fido but wonder why they don't or when they will so I can make a decision to switch carriers.

*****Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: 2017 Ford Sync 3

Maybe try here:  https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-3/setup/getting-started-with-sync-3.html

By the way, I believe technologies like SYNC3 use Bluetooth to connect to the mobile device.  Meaning, this has nothing to do with your mobile provider and/or mobile networks and everything to do with your Bluetooth settings and the iPhone SE + Ford vehicle.  

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Former Moderator FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hi there @yourlonestar

Thanks for joining the Fido Community!

I'm not a car owner myself, but maybe someone here has an answer to this? Smiley

If you're having issues using a third party service onto your smartphone, I'd would suggest to get in touch with the provider of that service directly (Ford) to get more information on how to connect it to your device.

They may be able to offer you more in-depth support there Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Fido Employee afterthefact
Fido Employee
Solution

Maybe try here:  https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-3/setup/getting-started-with-sync-3.html

By the way, I believe technologies like SYNC3 use Bluetooth to connect to the mobile device.  Meaning, this has nothing to do with your mobile provider and/or mobile networks and everything to do with your Bluetooth settings and the iPhone SE + Ford vehicle.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

Hey @yourlonestar!

It's been a while and I was wondering if this was resolved?

If so, how? Did @afterthefact's suggestion help out?

Let us know, we're curious to know! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4