cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very frustrating!

komondor
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

bell canada was so reliable, once upon a time, that if you picked up a phone and didn't get a dialtone immediately (i.e. less than 1 second), most people assumed the phone was dead.  not getting a dialtone, immediately, was something that only happened on vacation,  in third-world countries.

but now, i can keep trying and retrying a call for 5-10 minutes, and never get through.  (even though my iphone is showing 4 or 5 bars!)  

among other things, i use a cell phone for emergencies, but how can you rely on a device that can't make a connection when you need it?

the problem seems to be congestion, and a lack of provisioning.  how about fixing it?

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey komondor!

Here is a little bit of troubleshooting that I hope will help:

1- Try a regular power cycle (Turn the phone off and back on).
2- Try a hard reset by holding the menu and power buttons until the phone shuts down. The slider will appear, but please do not slide it. Wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.
3- Remove any unnecessary content from the device as it may be causing the issue.
4- Reset the network settings via Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. Please note that if you have saved WiFi settings, they will be lost.
5- Reset all settings via Settings - General - Reset - Reset all settings. No data will be lost but any settings you have changed will be reset to default.
6- Erase all contents and settings via Settings - General - Reset - Erase all contents and settings. Please note that you will lose everything if you do this. Therefore, I would suggest doing a backup on iTunes before proceeding.
7- Restore the iPhone via iTunes. Again, everything will be lost in the process and therefore, I recommend a backup. It is important to select "Restore as a new phone" because if an application is causing the issue, then, restoring from backup would not resolve it.

Should you still be experiencing issues after all of this, you would have to go in a Fido or Apple store to have the phone fixed.

Please let us know how it goes!