cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed at which webpages are loaded

mauspeter
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have had my Blackberry Curve for two months.  The first month (inluding some travelling) the web browsing was SO slow that I almost decided the Smartphone thing was not fun.  Then, with out warning, the speed at which the web browser browsed, loaded, went from page to page, was very very fast.  I almost used it over my computer!  This last three weeks, non-stop, Wifi and the regular network.  Two days ago, the speediness was gone and now it takes forever to load web pages etc.  WHAT HAPPENED??? 

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

what BB model are you using ?? if it is not fido...tech support will be limited

more info plz ...thanks !

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi mauspeter,

The BlackBerry Curve 8520 is a 2G handset, therefore it will not be quite as fast as a 3G, however the browser speed should be relatively constant. If you are still experiencing similar issues, I would suggest calling in to customer service / tech support. It is hard to say exactly what had caused this, as it may have been a network issue. You can reach customer service by dialing 1-888-481-3436 from any phone apart from your BB.

Anonymous
Not applicable

don't forget, surfing on the blackberry compresses their data through a third party proxy owned by RIM.  Therefor, if there is any problems with this proxy,it might trickle down to the end-user as well.