cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim network unlock pin

I'm a participant level 1

where would you find your sim network unlock pin?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
3436 (Spells Fido) i think its written in the little SIM booklet they give you, but correct me if im wrong

Hey guys!

I know this is a pretty old post but I would like to provide some up-to-date information about this in case anyone else comes across this and needs their PUK code. :smileyhappy:

You can actually find your PUK code when logged in to your My Account profile on Fido.ca. You can find this under the My Fido Service column on the left hand side of the page, next to the Your Phone section. Simply click the Retrieve your PUK Code link, select your phone number if you have multiple lines in the account, and press submit. 

Hope this helps! 

GreenGi3l

hello so i have looked on my acount page and my papers i got with my Fido plan...i was just hoping to unlock sim card so i can use my phone is there a way to do this without paying?

@GreenGi3l wrote:

hello so i have looked on my acount page and my papers i got with my Fido plan...i was just hoping to unlock sim card so i can use my phone is there a way to do this without paying?

Hello GreenGi3l,

Welcome to the community!

I think this thread is actually referring to two different topics.

If I'm not mistaken, the OP was looking for the PIN to unlock their phone so they can use their Fido branded phone on other networks.

On the other hand, the replies and discussion has been regarding the personal unblocking code (PUC)  or also know as the PIN unlock key (PUK). If the wrong PIN is typed in more than three times, either the SIM card, the device, or both become locked. They can be returned to their original unlocked state by entering the PUK. The PUK is SIM-specific and as Amanda1 noted above, you can find your PUK in your My Account profile.

Have you locked your SIM and/or phone by entering an incorrect PIN multiple times? Or are you trying to unlock your phone so you can use it on a different network?

If you've inadvertantly locked your SIM/phone, there is no charge for your PUK and you should be able to find it in your profile. On the other hand, if you're wanting to unlock your phone for use on a different network, there will be an unlocking fee. There are a couple of stipulations that need to be met before you can unlock a phone. You can refer to the device unlocking policy here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

JasonB
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1
100% Right Paolo

Note: If its asking for a PUK call customer service right away and do not enter any codes.

Explain to customer service that your phone is asking for a PUK if you enter the PUK 10 consecutive times wrong, SIM Card will be blocked permanently and card will be rendered useless.

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Fido ou d’une société de son groupe.