cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending email on iphone 6

AllanG
I'm a contributor level 1

I transfered the setting from my iphone 3 to my new iphone 6 and I can not send email.

checked that the setting are in agreement with the ones on my computer

Tried changing the outgoing port address as suggested in some forums and that did not work

Any other suggestions

Allan

***Edited to add labels***

13 REPLIES 13

FidoSamantha
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi AllanG! 

What exactly happens when you try to setup your email? Do you get an error message? The more details we know, the better we can assist  Smiley 

Let me know! 

AllanG

When I received the iPhone 6, I synched the phone with the backup data that I had on my computer.

When I tried to send an email, I received the message "A copy has been placed in your outbox" The sender address "abc@ab.cdefg.com" was rejected by the server". I checked the settings, passwords POP and SMTP setting and they agreed with my computer. I looked on the internet and other people have had the same issue. One of the suggestions was change the outgoing server port. I tried that with no success.  Allan

**Edit → removed personal information**

Thanks for getting back to me AllanG!

Does this error message occur whether you are connected to the Fido network or connected to WIFI? 

Also, what is the outgoing server? it should normally be gprs.fido.ca.

AllanG

Why would the iphone 6 not work with my previous settings from my iphone 3. I had no trouble sending messages with the iphone 3 and the settings have not changed except that I now have an iphone 6.

I use the settings from the mail account on my computer and I can still send and receive email. I do receive email on my iphone.

I do not understand why the previous setting should not allow me to send email from my iphone 6. Allan Goldbach

Hi AllanG!

It is very likely that the email settings have changed. You are using an iPhone 6 which is way more advanced than the iPhone 3 you had. 

Does this error message occur whether you are connected to the Fido network or connected to WIFI? 

Also, is the outgoing server gprs.fido.ca?

Let me know Smiley 

Hi Allan, 

I just wanted to double check, have you tried completely removing the email information and adding it back? 

AllanG

No, I have not tried that.

I will and let you know what happens.

Thanks

Allan

AllanG

I have a question related to "use SSL"

If I set the SSL to "on" do I have to change the server port numbers

Allan Goldbach  

AllanG

Figured it out

Go it working

Can now send emails

The world is unfolding as it should

Allan

That's great news AllanG Very_Happy 

Can you let us in on how you fixed it? I'd love to know! 

AllanG

Did as you suggested and deleted the email address.

Turned the phone off.

Turned the phone on.

reinstalled the email information.

There were some fields that I did not have an direct answer - eg "user name" so I used my email address 

Took a couple of attempts as I have to be careful to type correctly.

Turned phone off

and turned it on again.

Allan

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Glad to hear that Allan! Thanks for sharing Smiley

AllanG

Thank you for working at midnight! That is way beyond the call of duty.

You suggest that the settings may have changed. I undstand that. That is why I reviewed all of the setting to ensure they are in agreement with my computer where I back up the information.

The problem occurs all the time. - when I am connected to the wifi at the office - wifi at home - or the fido network.

Allan Goldbach