cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy a5 bluetooth issues

Rd72
I'm a participant level 3

I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy A5 back in June. Is it just my phone or are there more people with the same bluetooth problem. Made the discovery last week when My boss called me. Tried resetting the bluetooth connection and still having the issue when my wife called the other day. They can hear me, but I can't hear them.

10 REPLIES 10

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Rd72 wrote:

I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy A5 back in June. Is it just my phone or are there more people with the same bluetooth problem. Made the discovery last week when My boss called me. Tried resetting the bluetooth connection and still having the issue when my wife called the other day. They can hear me, but I can't hear them.

Hello Rd72,

Welcome to the community!

I'm not aware of any bluetooth issues particular to that phone. Are you able to pair other devices to see if the issue persists? Have you tried to pair that bluetooth device with another phone to see if the device might be an issue?

Cheers

Rd72

Tried pairing to another Bluetooth car stereo with the same result. Paired another phone to the bluetooth in my car and it works well.

@Cawtau wrote:

@Rd72 wrote:

Hello Rd72,

Welcome to the community!

I'm not aware of any bluetooth issues particular to that phone. Are you able to pair other devices to see if the issue persists? Have you tried to pair that bluetooth device with another phone to see if the device might be an issue?

Cheers

Tried pairing the bluetooth in my car with my wife's phone and worked like it should.

@Rd72 wrote:

Tried pairing to another Bluetooth car stereo with the same result. Paired another phone to the bluetooth in my car and it works well...

Tried pairing the bluetooth in my car with my wife's phone and worked like it should.

Hello again,

Hmm, the one thing I can think of... Have you verified your bluetooth settings for that device allow call audio? If you go to Settings --> Connections --> Bluetooth --> Turn on Bluetooth --> Connect to device (car) --> Click cogwheel beside the paired device -- Under Profiles, ensure Call audio is enabled.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Rd72

@Cawtau wrote:

@Rd72 wrote:

Tried pairing to another Bluetooth car stereo with the same result. Paired another phone to the bluetooth in my car and it works well...

Hello again,

Hmm, the one thing I can think of... Have you verified your bluetooth settings for that device allow call audio? If you go to Settings --> Connections --> Bluetooth --> Turn on Bluetooth --> Connect to device (car) --> Click cogwheel beside the paired device -- Under Profiles, ensure Call audio is enabled.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Like I said in my first post, Anyone calling can hear me, but I can't hear them.....

@Rd72 wrote:

@Cawtau wrote:

@Rd72 wrote:

Hello again,

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Like I said in my first post, Anyone calling can hear me, but I can't hear them.....

Hello again,

I understood that. The Call audio setting would be for you to hear them through the car's stereo rather than the phone's speaker.

Cheers

Rd72

@Cawtau wrote:

@Rd72 wrote:

@Cawtau wrote:

@Rd72 wrote:

Hello again,

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hello again,

I understood that. The Call audio setting would be for you to hear them through the car's stereo rather than the phone's speaker.

Cheers

Checked all the settings Call audio is enabled and still nothing.....

Cheers

@Rd72 wrote:

Cheers

Hello again,

Hmmm, that's strange... One thing I just came across was people having similar issues until they disabled the OK Google detection from any screen setting. Some others also had success by disabling S Voice. Do you have either of those enabled?

I'm not sure of why those settings would make a difference. The theory is that both those functions are actively listening which causes some type of connection issue for bluetooth. That doesn't explain why they can hear you, but you cannot hear them. I would expect it to be the other way around. Worth giving a shot though. You might have to restart the phone after disabling them as well as re-pairing your phone to your car.

Hope that works for you! If it doesn't, I'm not quite sure what else it could be. I'll keep an ear on the ground, though, and will be sure to let you know if I come across anything else Smiley

Cheers

Rd72

@Cawtau wrote:

@Rd72 wrote:

Cheers

Hello again,

Hmmm, that's strange... One thing I just came across was people having similar issues until they disabled the OK Google detection from any screen setting. Some others also had success by disabling S Voice. Do you have either of those enabled?

I'm not sure of why those settings would make a difference. The theory is that both those functions are actively listening which causes some type of connection issue for bluetooth. That doesn't explain why they can hear you, but you cannot hear them. I would expect it to be the other way around. Worth giving a shot though. You might have to restart the phone after disabling them as well as re-pairing your phone to your car.

Hope that works for you! If it doesn't, I'm not quite sure what else it could be. I'll keep an ear on the ground, though, and will be sure to let you know if I come across anything else Smiley

Cheers

Finally had time to try this solution and back in business...... Who would have thought svoice could be a pain?

Cheers!

Hey @Rd72 Smiley

@Cawtau Do you have any input on this?

Hey @Rd72!

Be sure to keep us posted if you get a chance to test out the recommendations by Cawtau and if you still need help with this. Smiley