cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Gateway Reply," to Bell's Universal Wi-fi--cannot browse the net

goquiober
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Bought a Vivaz Pro . Problem is I get a "No gateway reply, " everytime i use wi fi at home. My home wi fi is provided by Bell. All my other  gadgets pick up its wi-fi beautifully (3 laptops, 1 iphone 4, 1 pod-touch, 1 Wii gaming console, 1 PSP.)   Bell says its the cell phone company who should explain why this is happening. Fido says its a router issue and that its an ISP issue.

I don't understand. If this is not going to work with my new phone, I'd rather have it returned and possibly exchanged for a different phone.

Please help!!!

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJohn
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello goquiober,

Welcome to the Fido technical community,

I suggest you try a different WIFI connection other then your connection. To isolate the the router issues and the ISP issue.

If you for example visit a friend's house and it does work then in this case It would be your router issue.

From you home try this as well:

Try to change the security setting in your router to no security at all then try to log on to WIFI without security and see if that works for you . If it does that means that you are not entering the Security authentication(WEP key or WPA) Correctly.

I hope this helps,