cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with 3G connection...

DavidDowns
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Been having a problem with my network connection the last few days.  My phone (Galaxy Q) has had a bad time holding onto a 3G connection.  I find it works outside of my house fine, but inside of it it seems to have more problems... It will fail to send texts and fail to make calls from within the house... I can go into the garage or walk down the street and it seems to work... but I cannot seem to get it to stay connected to data.  It will come and go, and work most of the time, but not all of the time.

Problem started a few days ago, worked fine up until about 3-4 days ago and have had this problem since.  I can use wi-fi [how much will it cost me to call over wi-fi?] and pick up the signal within the house, but on just 3G it works very selectively.

What could be causing this, could it just be interference in the house?  cause I have had this phone for about a month and it worked fine up until a few days ago as I said...  just something recent.

Could this just be the phone, or another issue?

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

dwman90
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I had the same problem with my blackberry that I got in september. If the 3G signal loses strength, the phone would go to 2G. But for it to do that, it would temporarily lose its signal. I would not be able to send or receive anything. Went into my network settings and made it connect through 3G only instead of the other option (3G and 2G). Since then it's been working fine. Then again, we have totally different phones. Hope this helps.