cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no 3G on my phone

Kia37
I'm a participant level 2

I'm using my old Sony Ericsson P1i on Fido. I"m wondering why the newtowk is not recognized as 3G ( It says GPRS: attached). In the other hand,  when I select the option 3G NETWORK ONLY, it gets disconnected form Fido.

Should I enter new settings somewhere or is it a bandwidth incompatibility issue?

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello Kia37,

Do you have access to another handset and active SIM card?

What I would suggest is to try using your SIM in another Fido phone to see if the issue persists and to try another SIM into your phone to see if you can reproduce the issue.

Doing so will isolate the issue so that we know if it has to do with the SIM card, the network or the handset.

Also, have you already contacted technical support? If yes, what did they tell you?

Kia37

Judhy,

I can give it a try on a Rogers phone. and since they both share the antenna i suppose i could count on the results. I'll let you know once i try it.

Thank you,

Anonymous
Not applicable
you should read the specs of the handset.

With a quick google search, the phone will only use 3G on the 1900 band. Rogers network (fido network) has areas where they use 850 mhz for their 3G, and some areas where they use 1900, and some they ues BOTH. Perhaps the area your in, may not be broadcasting 3G on the required band that your handset sees?

Kia37
Hi Paolo,
I just check the phone's specifications on gsmarena.com and it seems that the phone supports 3G only on 2100 bandwidth.