cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nexus: stopped receiving pics in text messages now demand download and doesnt work

nexus2012
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Having acquired a new nexus phone with a 3 year plan which includes unlimited text and MMS ie) seniding receiving pics, my text service all of a sudden stopped including open pics in messages received and dont know if the pics i try to send actually make it to destination. Now i get a text that should show an image within the message but get this download button that once selected does nothing at all to actually download or open the pic. Being a new customer with the android 4.0, unfortunately i have found out thisi is an ongoing issue. Have tried troubleshooting, downloaded handcent thinking it might resolve the issue, nothing works. Obviously i dont want to keep paying for a difficult service that doesnt work. This issue needs to be resolved promptly.

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey nexus2012!

I hope I can help.

Here are a few things you may want to try:

- Make sure that the APN settings are correct. The proper settings are:
Name: Fido Internet/MMS
APN: fido-core-appl1.apn
Proxy: <not set>
Port: <not set>
Username: <not set>
Password: <not set>
Server: <not set>
MMSC: http://mms.fido.ca
MMS proxy : 205.151.11.13
MMS port : 80
MCC : 302
MNC : 370
Authentication type: <not set>
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol IPv4
- Tap on the Messaging app and once you are in, press on the Menu button, access the settings and make sure that your MMS are set to Auto Retrieve.
- Try to do a factory reset. Please note that all data would be lost in the process.

If all of this does not work, I would suggest that you go in store to have a representative look into it with you and if needed, he will also be able to send your phone in for repair.

To find the nearest store from you which offers this service, please click on the following link:

http://www.fido.ca/storelocator

Please make sure that you click on the check box next to Repair and Loaner service in order to only find the stores which offer it.

Please let us know how this goes! Smiley