cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instant messaging

smile_inc29
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

hi, I am trying to add this www.fido.ca/web/content/messaging/instant_messaging feature on my non-Fido phone for 5 dollars a month.  since I am using wifi most of the time at home, it would not let me to connect to fido.mobi

The phone I am using is a Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro.  It's an android phone so I know I can use instant messaging.  It just simply wont let me to go to fido,mobi to activate the IM in order to go to Shop, then Games and Apps from the Fido homepage.  If I can get to that page then I can Download IM client for free now.

Can someone help me please?  I had tried to call to fido but no one seems to know what I am talking about.

many thanks,

smile_inc29.

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello smile_inc29,

On Smartphones such as Android handsets, you do not require to go through fido.mobi to download the application nor do you require the $5 per month feature.

Using WiFi, you would require to access the Market and download the instant messaging application of your choice from there. Once done, the application will install itself and while still on WiFi, you will be able to chat with other people via the said application.

I hpe this helps Smiley