cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iTunes Download on an Android device

el_es_vcr
I'm a contributor level 1

Can anyone help me with how I could download the iTunes App onto my Vivaz Pro so I could download music onto my phone?

***Edited title***

7 REPLIES 7

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

No because it doesn't exist.

el_es_vcr

Thanks for your reply but I don't really understand what you mean by "it doesn't exist".  Sorry, I'm a novice at all this mobile app stuff! Happy

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

There is no iTunes app for any platform except iOS (iPhones, iPods, iPads). You can download the regular desktop iTunes for PC/Mac and purchase music from there, but you wuold have to find you own way to transfer music from your PC to your SonyEricsson.

el_es_vcr

Thank you for your help and for clarifying that for me.  Very much appreciated.

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

A friend of mine has an Android phone and syncs his music via iTunes. You trick the computer to thinking it's an iPod/iPhone.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@nicklopeke wrote:

A friend of mine has an Android phone and syncs his music via iTunes. You trick the computer to thinking it's an iPod/iPhone.

Usually that involves modifying the vendorID or devicetypeID on the USB controller itself, which is dicey. That is what Palm did with the pre, but that was them modifying their own hardware. Hacking that via some third party util would be risky, IMO.

There are other solutions, usually involving third party apps that just read your iTunes library and copy selected items over to your Android. Salling Media Sync or DoubleTwist are both common ones.

el_es_vcr

Hi I reallly appreciate the info, not sure I'm savvy enough to try to pull off a change to try to "trick" the phone into receiving an iTunes download but doing some research on my own through the Sony Ericcson website, I think I can download a program they call MediaGo and download tunes from my iTune program into my phone.  I think I'll give that a try and see how it goes.  If it doesn't work I will just delete the MediaGo program off my computer.  Wish me luck but again, I do really appreciate your help.  Hope you have a great day and thank you.