cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 availability on sept. 19.. or NOT?

DjAztek
I'm a contributor level 2

Hi everyone!

Ok, so we all know "fido will carry the iphone 6 and 6 plus on september 19th" but... is this REALLY the case?

I mean, if I remember well last year with iphone 5S, there was so many fido stores (probable all of them haha) that still never got any iphone 5S 1 week after the "supposed launch day". So, I'm wondering what will happen this year??

Or, like last year, they will recive like.. 2-3 iPhones and no more.. wtf lol

Gladly, I pre-ordered mine this morning and I'm # 6 in line Smiley 

10 REPLIES 10

GpH
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2
The reservation system is administered by Fido head office not the individual stores, which aren't even owned and operated by Fido, they're privately owned. When Fido gets phones they allocate it to those people in the reserve line and ship it direct to the store you chose to pick it up at. It can't be stolen by the store and put in to general stock.

This is why when your order in the queue changes from "Open" to "Processing" Fido has already allocated it to you before it even gets to you pickup store. Once they receive it your status says ready for pickup, you get your email from Fido. You go to the store and they cant say, oh thanks for having your phone sent here, we sold it to this new activation client! Uh yeah sure...

DjAztek
Thats good to know, thanks!

Who
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3
lol iPhone 6 Plus 64GB. 323 in line but started at 340

JohnsonJohnson
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I hope they are not like last year.

I did some research and it showed that this year there should be more stocks coming than last year.

I'm #3 in line.

Wish everyone good luck!

DjAztek
I took the silver iphone 6 plus 16gb.

Oh #3 you lucky **bleep** haha Smiley

SunnyGhat
I'm a contributor level 1

iPhones get sent to the stores directly from Apple, and not from the networks distribustion centres, this is the case with all the networks, Fido, Rogers, Telus, etc.  And therefore depends on how many handsets Apple will send to the stores at launch,  and usually turn up at the stores the day before or early morning of launch day.

If Apple follow their previous methods and calculations (this has been used by them since the iPhone 2), they will not have enough stock in their distribution center to supply a decent amount of phones to the stores.

Apple give priority to their own stores with the phones then the networks (as they get paid by the network then).

Also not that some store managers will play the game of not having the phone in stock if you are looking to upgrade, than if you go in for a new connection (as staff get paid more commission on a new connection then a upgrade).

Trick is go in pretending to want a new connection, then once they bring the phone out, tell them its a upgrade not a new connection (if they say the phone is not a upgrading version then they are lying, thes stock is all the same)!

DjAztek
Well, since I pre-ordered mine, they don't have to tell me the game that they don't have stock for upgrade. Since is RESERVED it, it means I can do whatever I want (upgrade or just buy it full price). They are supposed to call me when the my reserved phone arrives, and since I'm only #6 in line it should be fast but then again I hope it will not take weeks lol

SunnyGhat

For the stores its not about it being reservered or not, I've been in the Phone industry for a long time, from store level to head office, the game is always the same.

The stock they recieve will not be specific to the number of reservations, but according to what is supplied, it then the responsability of the store manager to allocate the reservered and non reserved quantaties.

Say 25 handsets arrive at the store for launch, the store maanager can easliy say 5 are for reservations and 20 for walk-ins, 

another manager may say 10 are for reservations and the rest is for walk-ins.

There are managers that will allocate to reservations first and say if the customer hasn't arrived by 5pm then the handset is off the reservation list, till the next delivery, or if they make it in.

eclairds

lucky you! im #86...

Lopez100

which one did you reserve?