cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Lte in Calgary

ace777
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I'm interested to know if the issue I'm having with LTE coverage in Calgary is specific to my new iPhone 5 or is it happening to all LTE phones. 

When traveling throughout the city of Calgary, my iPhone 5 shows as being on the Fido 3G network for about 90% of the time.  I would say it is on LTE for maybe 5% of the time,  and when it is on LTE the signal drops to 1 or 2 bars and then will go back to 3G and sometimes even drop to 'E'.    I have yet to see the fast data speeds that LTE should have.

Is this a network problem or should I be looking at trying a new sim card?  My wife's iPhone 5 is doing the exact same thing,  so it would too much a coincidence for both phone to be bad.

I live in NW Calgary and have never had the 'LTE' display on the iphone when I'm at home.   It only shows up sporadically in certain parts of the city.

Anyone else seeing the same issues?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Tyylerr
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Smiley

I live in Calgary too! Our LTE so far is pretty restricted, I live in a Condo downtown (Nuera) and the LTE works perfectly, It's pretty focused on the Downtown Core and South right now, The NW and NE are still using 4G and not quite at LTE yet.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey ace77!

Our LTE network is relatively new and we are working on improving the coverage it provides.

In the meantime, if you believe that there may be an issue with your phone, I invite you to call our technical support team at 1-888-481-3436 from a phone other then your Fido.