Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12 pro max/Pacific Blue - 128gb - Attention Required

Naga
I'm a participant level 3

Hello Team Fido,

I preordered in fido reservation system iPhone 12 pro max - 128GB on November 11th, 2020. Initially, the status shows as "Open" and position in line to be "20" and after a day(12th of November) it changed to 11th and then nothing till date. I crossed check with the team through call, whether or not my order is on track and they assured me everything is good, I just have to wait.

Day after day I have been waiting and have no clue how long should I wait for more. The more I wait the more questions arise in me like - fido has cancelled the order and they are not letting me know it? I am attaching all that I have to this post.

Can someone help me to get through this situation?

Upload 1.JPG

Upload 2.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

Thomas25
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi Naga, 

I saw your post and wanted let you know I too have a very similar issue. I reserved my iPhone 12 pro max 256gb on Nov 10th and went from 8 to 4 in line position and have heard nothing from Fido. 
I did post a similar question and the reply I got today for me was Apple currently is out of stock and Fido should be getting stock on or around 4 weeks. It's not clear if it's 4 weeks from today or from when I reserved my phone (waiting for clarification). 
I'm not sure if it's the same for the 128 gb phones but I guess all we can do is wait. 

I'll keep you updated if I hear anything new on my end. 
thanks 😊 

Naga

I tried to contact them and they say that they cannot see any devices listed in my account as of now and they were asking me to order again. what do we do? any idea.

I even asked them if I am ordering again when will I get my device, they said you can pick it up tomorrow. which indirectly means they have enough stock with them.

Just wanted to know, what all confirmation mails you got, is it just the mail which I've posted in this post or anything different

Thomas25

Hi Naga , 

yes I received and can see the same type of info you have attached in your first post for myself . I got the email and have a place in line. 
As for Fido not having any info on your order I'm not sure but I did too call the Fido store I am having my device shipped to and they told me they do not have any info on device reservation until the device gets shipped to the store then they will call the number the device is reserved under. 
I also spoke to customer service and they said as long as I can see your status as "OPEN" and my position in line has a number then everything is still on track. 
Fido also says that reservations shipping to the store will be faster than those who have it shipped to their homes. 
I would keep your reservation cause you don't want to loose your place in line but I would ask a direct question to whomever you spoke to and see if they have stock because online it shows all iPhone 12's are on back order but maybe the store in your area has one. 

let me know what you find out. 
thanks 

Naga

where did you find this information "online it shows all iPhone 12's are on backorder" but i have no clue why did they said that they have plenty of stocks and they even stated why would they run such a big company without stocks of the brand new product.

Thomas25

hi Naga , 

When you go to Fido.ca and login in to your account, you go to "upgrade device" to see Fido device selection and you'll see all IPhones are in back order (see below) 

Just to confirm are you talking to Fido? 

If you want you could try the Apple store, from the website Apple has some stock. 

thanks 

8E3F8E64-9332-4C47-A388-F3DAA601D194.jpeg

  

3FE3099F-C015-4070-80CA-1564B6DD389E.jpeg

8268E1F8-F657-4B67-94BC-2C7077B39E84.jpeg

Naga

thanks for the information