cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long for the Fido network to recognize my new iPhone? Anything I have to do?

Drayton
I'm a participant level 1

My new iPhone 5 is here, beside my old iPhone. It's been here for over an hour; it's set up and is ready to go, but it's still getting "no service" and the old phone is on the Fido network. How long will the changeover take. The guy at the Fido counter said it would be a few minutes. Is there anything I have to do to wake up the new phone?

***Edited to add labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Tru
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. Usually the activation of a new sim card takes less than a minute and you don't have anything to do on the phone to activate it. If the sim don't get activated right away it can be because of two things

-We are experiencing some delays within our system.

-It's not the right sim card number that has been activated on your account.

Best way to determine what is going on and how to fix it would be to contact us via Twitter, Facebook or by clicking here.

Hope it helps!

philip88128
I'm a participant level 2

finally mine just switch sim, took like 4 hour of constant turning on and off the phone. GL for the rest

baj_126
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Try rebooting. 

I rebooted my old iPhone that was still active, it then lost its network coverage. 

I then rebooted my new iPhone 5, a couple minutes later the Fido sign with a nice big LTE beside it showed up. I'm really happy about this because my house sits outside the LTE coverage area so it was a pleasant surprise. 

adamcatalyst

It's been 16 hours for me now... no luck. I traded in my old iPhone, wondering now if the fact that I never saw them power it down (and it had a full batter) could be the problem!

wizOrb

after a 16hr wait I rebooted my iPhone and bam! it's got service.

philip88128

should this be like instantaneously... ^like he said, lame

LadyV
I'm a contributor level 1
I had the same issue but resolved it by rebooting it. Hope that works for you too!

kfernandes29

I just got off the phone with Fido. I've been waiting 3 hours now, he said it would take up to 6 hours because of how busy the system has been.

Duke

Same situation here, waiting since 4 pm. Anxious to use the phone!

Brian3

I was also told 6 hours. That was a little after 5pm. Initially I was told it could take up to two days to connect but then she overheard one of her co-workers say it would be 6 hours. So even that doesn't seem like a reliable source anymore...

bigmarkbrown

lame.

thanks for the update though.

bigmarkbrown

wondering the same thing myself...let me know if you have any luck!