cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zte red magic

Skycat3
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My husband got the zte red magic 5g for his birthday from a friend will it work on the fido network.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Skycat3,

Welcome to the community!

I understand the phone was a gift, however, is there any indication as to where the phone was purchased? The same phone model from different Countries might have different specifications. That said, these are the specifications from the Canadian website:

GSM 2/3/5/8

WCDMA B1/2/4/5/8/19

CDMA/EVDO BC0/BC1

TD-LTE B34/B38/39/40/41

FDD-LTE B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20/B12/B17/B18/B19/B26

According to those specifications, that phone would have all of the compatible bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. You should note that Rogers intends to decommission the 2G GSM network at the end of this year (see here). You should also note that Fido, at this time, does not offer 5G service. If they later decide to offer that service, it will be posted on Fido.ca

If the version your husband received has the same specifications, he should be able to use the device on the networks. However, you should note that since the device is not offered from Fido, it's unlikely certain features (ie voLTE and Wifi-calling, if available) will work.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers