Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus

Hello Such,

Welcome to the community!

Such wrote:...

it supports GSM Band 2/3/5/8 
WCDMA Band 1/2/5/8
FDD-LTE Band 1/3/4/5/7/8/20
TDD-LTE Band 38/40

Judging by those specifications, that phone would have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for both 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone would only have two of the compatible bands/frequencies, bands 4 and 7 (1700/2100MHz and 2600MHz, respectively). You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. While the phone should work on the LTE networks, coverage depends on the corresponding bands/frequencies available on your surrounding cellular towers as not all bands are used at all towers. You can get an idea of your area cellular towers here

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP
Solution

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus

Hello Such,

Welcome to the community!

Such wrote:...

it supports GSM Band 2/3/5/8 
WCDMA Band 1/2/5/8
FDD-LTE Band 1/3/4/5/7/8/20
TDD-LTE Band 38/40

Judging by those specifications, that phone would have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for both 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone would only have two of the compatible bands/frequencies, bands 4 and 7 (1700/2100MHz and 2600MHz, respectively). You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. While the phone should work on the LTE networks, coverage depends on the corresponding bands/frequencies available on your surrounding cellular towers as not all bands are used at all towers. You can get an idea of your area cellular towers here

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2