cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is better? LG Gossip Pro or Samsung Galaxy Q

konaka
I'm a participant level 2

I'm thinking to get either LG Gossip Pro or Samsung Galaxy Q.

As I search, both have similar feature and quality issues such as poor battery life...

I use my phone mainly for texting and not planing to get a data plan.

Which is more reliable? Any suggestion??

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

gregg
I'm a participant level 1

I have the LG Gossip Pro...Personally I don't like it...its hard to see the screen in the sunlight...There is no speakerphone, It has no Alarm setup (I can't find it)...The battery only lasts about 2 days MAX thats using it for a few calls and a few texts, I don't have DATA. There is no radio. You have to unlock the phone to hang up when you finish a call, The camera takes half descent photo but so do cameras at half the price. Its just an overall difficult phone to get used to and use...That's my honest opinion about this phone. I had an LG Gossip before this one and If I knew then what I know now I would have never upgraded to the "PRO"

damare
I upgraded from the previous gossip and am quite happy. At first, I thought wow this sucks the battery but.. If you switch the network setting from 3g to 2g.. It saves big time.. Plus turning the gps and wi fi off when not in use help too. I can go 5-6 days that's with texting, and some talk time. There is no radio but it's easy to download an app for one. In the sunlight.. It is hard to see the screen but I think it's a matter of playing around with the brightness settings.. Other phones have this as well. You can also change the "turn off" after call setting...by using the on/off button on the top of the phone. You have to go into your settings to set this up. I haven't looked into speaker phone but I'm sure it's there somewhere, will play around with it some more. But calls are great.. Pictures are good.. I'm happy with it. If you get it you have 15 days to try it out.. Must have no more then 30mins of talk time on it though.. And fido will do a 1x exchange. Good luck!

CamW
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

The first phone I got was the previous model of the LG Gossip, it was actually a great phone. It's like the poor man's blackberry haha. I'd go with the Gossip Pro, it's got the touch pad which is a cool feature and the keypad is nice.

helpfulfido
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

The Gossip pro's keys are small but I do like them more. The store should have one on display check it out. The galaxy Q has a slide out screen which ive heard the cable that runs to it wears out from sliding.

konaka

Thanks for the input!

adoborepublic

Anyone had any experience using both? An honest review would be nice.