cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Notification not working

S_K
I'm a participant level 2

My voicemail notification stopped working for the last few weeks, wasn't paid much attention when my friends informed me that they left messages which I wasn’t aware of. But when I lost my kid's doctor's appointment and I ended up paid for no-show fee, it is serious. 

I contacted Fido Tech support (online) on Wednesday, the first person I dealt with removed my VM and send me a text to reinstall. But he left the online chat without checking whether it works or not. When contacted again, in order to help me with anything that person needed an online consent form, which I was reluctant to submit with all details, after reading all these identity theft issues.

Well, finally I took the time to call Fido and talk to one person, she did a few scenario checks which I tried before, then transfer the call to the technical department. That person spent quite a bit of time and tried various options including removing/reinstalling the VM. This time I was calling from another phone, so he waited until all the tests are done, but with no success. He informed me that a ticket is created for the issue. The issue will get resolved and someone will contact me within 24-48hrs. Till now I did not receive any call/text and my VM notifications still not working. Hoping they could help fix the problem soon; the VM notification was working perfectly for many years since I'm with Fido.

5 REPLIES 5

S_K

I'm concerned, why Fido is not reaching out/fixing the problem when a ticket had already created for the issue. 

Hello @S_K,

Thanks for letting me know what phone you are using.

It seems like this issue is not so uncommon with this model of phone.

Try this solution mentioned here

Just curious if the fix worked for your situation. Could be helpful to others if it did. Thanks

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @S_K,

Can you tell us the make and model of the phone you are using and did your phone had any software updates recently?

Did you used to get a text message before to notify you that you have a voicemail?

S_K

LG G6.  Yes, I was getting the VM notifications till a few weeks ago, as I mentioned in my previous post. and mine is mini Vm with 3 messages.