cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor Cell Reception

a_meow
I'm a participant level 1

I have such bad reception with my Fido phone (iPhone 4) when at home it's becoming a HUGE problem. When trying to make a call it's "searching" for a network, text messages are never delivered and if I do have service it's only one bar that doesn't last for long.

When the phone is used elsewhere there are no problems so I know it's not the hardware.

Is there a quick fix for this or is it that Fido's services where I live are not 100% supported. If that's the case, I will have to consider switching carriers.

24 REPLIES 24

Drea
Hi, I have the same issue although not to the same extent. I get some reception, enough to establish a call but many calls gets dropped soon thereafter, especially if I'm moving around.
When speaking with tech, they (multiple agents due to calls dropping) were all saying there was nothing they could do except hope Fido installed more towers or increased the effect on existing towers.
What seems to happen is that my neighborhood is located in the middle of three towers, all just strong enough to reach the area but weak enough to not effectively sustain a connection and therefore I keep getting bounced around the three but since the signal is soo weak the call gets dropped most of the time.
Seems like there's nothing I can do about it. Sad I am a Fido customer since Fido first came about but I don't know what to do now. BTW, I'm located in Calgary, not on the outskirts but actually in the city. Only 15 minutes from downtown.

Hassanariq

I went all the way to purchase Fido with Iphone 5 plan of $ 80 ( December 2012 ) promotion but from very first day I start facing signal problems.

I live in Mississauga which is according to Fido city map fully covered and dropping single is not an issue. But in reality I hardly get maximum of 3 bars where ever in Mississauga I go (staying outside). Minute I go inside a building it drops to 1-2 singles.

When call Fido 611 number, customer service blamed on IPhone. So I took to apple store. They did what every Apple is famous for “ they said there is no problem with phone but to keep you satisfy we will replace it for you”

After getting phone, apple store guy said “ based on your carrier, I would recommend not to put iphone in a sleeve ( cover ) .

Now I am keep it open and yes getting 2-3 bars In close environment.

I don’t know if it is me or it is going on with others…..

When told it to Fido they said, “ We are not getting any complains of poor reception in Mississauga, so we don’t think it is our network problem”

Now end of the day , I am screwed up and only thing can do is to wait for few months and cancel the agreement and consider it a loss.

issac

@Hassanariq I have had the same exact problems as you and everyone else on the forum. It's funny how Fido told me the same thing "we don't know what the problem is because we haven't had these complaints before" And this is after I went to Apple and they gave me a new one. Two days ago they asked me to go to fido and to go to Apple once again and see if they can help. I explained that I don't have the time to be running around store to store, as I have a full time job and responsibilities. I did ask what would happen if they are unable to help me, and they said they may be able to do something else. My only other option is to cancel my contract which has two years left with a $300+ penalty. Fido you have failed me and your loyal clients! You simply do not have enough towers to suport the 4G network, and should have told the public this before selling the Iphone 5. 

I'm contemplating making the move to Rogers, as I've heard they have a higher tier of service connectivity and that Fido is the cheaper discount brand. My only concern is if Rogers being the head company may treat me the same well. Good thing there are many service providers as I will have to do some research and see who really does care about their clients.  

4+ years with fido and may have to call it quits!

kang8690
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I work in sauga and I get 3 bars signal too, but once I disable LTE, it goes to full bar, maybe try that...