Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade pending and I cannot order it again

shinsid
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I placed an order for phone upgrade and haven't received any confirmation email. But the website keeps popping up a message 'Upgrade is pending' and doesn't let me order it again.

This is the second time this has happened with me.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoJonathan

Hey @shinsid, @Original_Lucy & @Scootericity

This is certainly not the experience we wish to offer you. To clarify, a confirmation email with tracking information is only sent once we ship the devcie!

If you've received a confirmation message at the end of the transaction on Fido.ca and see a pending upgrade order on your account, you can rest assured that the order went through correctly. 

You can always reach out to us through using any of our support channels if you have any questions or need any assistance with a pending order.

Scootericity
I'm a contributor level 1

This is a real problem with the brutal web site. I have placed 12 calls and 5 chat sessions to cancel orders, but the site keeps telling me the upgrade is pending. Which all disallows me to place another order or execute the upgrade in a store!!!!

Hi there @shinsid when you get the upgrade pending message it means you already have an order waiting to be processed. The system doesn't let you order another device until the current one is processed. Once your current order goes through,  you can put another order in if that's what you're trying to do. That way you don't inadvertently duplicate the device order and end up with more than one. You will receive a notification when it's ready to ship. Cheers 

Scootericity

Hey Lucy you have no clue as to how inadequate Fido's order system is or how incompetent their "remote" reps are! I placed four orders this week, was never told of product availability at any time(s), was FINALLY able to cancel three of them but one still is wedged in the system, telling me the product has been shipped by several incompetent call centre and chat reps, no sign of a shipping confirmation email, nothing but frustration. So to ALL considering a device upgrade online, DON'T EVER! Go to a corporate store and demand an administration charge waive. Then if that doesn't work contact them. Don't drink the Fido Koolaid!