cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked HTC Desire - Will my Fido SIM from my BB Curve work on it?

HejabFatima
I'm a participant level 2

I'm currently on the City Unlimited plan, and have a Blackberry Curve. I just recently bought an unlocked HTC Desire from a friend who was moving abroad and needed to give it away. Will the SIM, and the plan as a whole, in my Blackberry work on the HTC phone? Sorry if this is a stupid question or in the wrong category, technology is NOT my forte. If it doesn't, will I have to go to the Fido store to get another SIM, or a completely new plan?

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

killer23d
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Yes, the phone will work for voice call. For data, you might need to change it to a standard data plan to get data working.

HejabFatima

I don't have data as it is, since the only reason I used my phone was for texting, calling, and BBM. What of the BBM feature? Will that effect anything on the HTC?

chrisg90
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

well for one your going to have to call fido and get them to take what seems to be a 15 dollar social networking package that u have for the bbm facebook ect. then ur going to have to add a 25 dollar data plan so u have the internet that u have on the phone working. with that type of smartphone who wouldnt want data lol.