cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Blackberry Storm

Mburritt
I'm a participant level 3

All of a sudden my unlocked Blackberry Storm isn't able to find the 'EDGE' with capital letters network.  I know it won't find anything else, but for some reason it's stuck on the 'edge' with small letters network, and I can't access BBM or personal email

I was working before, up until yesterday. so I'm super confused

Thanks for any help

MIke

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
when edge is lower case, it means you are not connected to Blackberry servers, thus bbm, bis, email, and surf wont work try taking out the battery and putting it back in

Mburritt

Tried that multiple times....and talked to fido answers and had them work on it.  

Dunno what the deal is but it's gettin old fast

Anonymous
Not applicable
perhaps your bis was removed from your account? can you put your sim in another blackberry and test the internet?

Mburritt
No unfortunately I can not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok then just give CS a call

Mburritt
tried that they told me to come here

Hey Mburritt and Paolo!

@ Paolo: Thanks for trying to assist Smiley

@ Mburritt: I'd like to suggest the following troubleshooting:

- Go under Manage Connections - Mobile Network Options and make sure that data roaming is ON and that your phone is set for both 3G and 2G.
- Go under Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table, press on the Blackberry button and select Register Now from the menu.

If that does not work, I'd suggest that you go in store to test your SIM within another Blackberry to see if your device is the issue or if it has something to do with your services.

Let us know how it goes!

kenz898
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
I have an unlocked storm as well and this ALSO happened on the Dec 14, 2011. Last email received was around 9:30PM Dec 13.
Been working fine for the past 2 years.
I find this very odd and sending service books did nothing as it seemed to still refer to verizon's apn.

Hello kenz898!

Does the issue persist if you put your SIM in another Blackberry device? Also, is it only the e-mails that are no longer working or is everything data related not working?

Let us know so that we can assist you better Smiley