cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not working

leyyamoolla04
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there. I hope you're well. I'm having a problem sending out text messages. It's been like this since I can remember from 2019. I initially didn't care because I thought it was just not covered under my plan, however I now work etc and I need my normal text messages to go through when I don't have internet. I can receive text messages but I simply can't send them. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @leyyamoolla04,

On an Android phone open the phone app and enter *#*#info#*#* go to Phone Information scroll to the bottom you will see SMSC enter the number and hit update.

On an iPhone type **5005*7672*+1549931123#

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Leyyamoolla04,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've been having issues sending text messages for so long. Have you verified that the phone has the correct SMS message centre (SMSC) number? The SMS message centre number for Fido is: (514) 993-1123 (see here and here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

leyyamoolla04

Hi there, Thank you for the response.

I am a bit unsure of how and where to check for the SMSC number. Sorry to bother!

Thank you,

Leyya

Hello again,

No bother at all!! What phone do you have? If you have an android device, you should be able to find the SMSC under the messaging app's settings. For Samsung OneUI 3.1, Messages --> Settings --> More Settings --> Text Messages --> Message Centre. Other devices might have their menus organised slightly differently, but it should be similar.

If you have an iPhone, you might be able to change the SMSC number with a code. However, you might need to request a Carrier settings update on your device (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers