cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Iphone to Samsung, the Call ID shows " UNKNOWN " sometimes. Help please

Eddyyang
I'm a participant level 2

Hi guys. I just switch from Iphone to Samsung Galaxy s2(From Telus), and now the call id shows Unknow for certain phone #.

anyone know whats the problem?

thanks

***Edited to add labels***

7 REPLIES 7

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

My guess is the software on the Telus version of the S2 doesn't support name display. Just a guess.

Eddyyang

but it does show for some phone #. thats the problem Sad

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@Eddyyang wrote:

but it does show for some phone #. thats the problem Sad

Could the ones that it shows the name for be in your address book? If so then most phones will show the name even if they don't support Name Display from the carrier.

Does the phone show the number and just an unknown name or neither name nor number?

Eddyyang

Yes all of them are on my friend list. and it shows unknown. not the # oh the phone or no id

Anonymous
Not applicable

some phones actually are not compatible with name display when a call comes in with both name and number info the phone will not display anything, not even a number,   this happens on some google android phones, can be fixed by using a canadian rom,  or on world / overseas phones not intended to be sold in this market.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@Anonymous wrote:

some phones actually are not compatible with name display when a call comes in with both name and number info the phone will not display anything, not even a number,   this happens on some google android phones, can be fixed by using a canadian rom,  or on world / overseas phones not intended to be sold in this market.

Then would it be worthwhile to call and ask to have Caller ID with Name Display switched down to just Caller ID?

Anonymous
Not applicable

exactly give it a try and lettus know