Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card or Phone Problems?

Grandizer
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

Hello,

I got a ST32 Sim Card and have been recently reading that maybe I should be updating to a more current Sim. I'm really not experiencing any problems with network at the moment and battery life on my Vivaz Pro seems to be 'stable' at 2 days between charges with light/moderate use. Heavy use brings it down to a day.

However, my brother has a 3G1 Sim card and he says he's experiencing time outs, etc. when on the network. Surfing on Fido Browser or even Opera Mobile tends to give errors (servers can't be found, etc). Applications also have problems launching sometimes too. I'm thinking of doing a software repair to see if that would resolve anything. If not, how do I narrow down whether its the Sim giving problems or if the phone is defective. He also has a Vivaz Pro.

Any info/help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanece.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

domokun
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I just changed my SIM card and is working very well, but I would like to know what is my SIM PIN???

thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

3436, it spells fido

FidoJohn
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello Grandizer,

You can try the following test. Take his sim card and place it in your phone. Do the same with his phone (Your sim card in his phone). Then test the phones. If his phone is having the same error you will need to upgrade your sim card.

I hope this helps,