Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 unregistered sim card

A_alrusheidat
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Dear Fido,

I currently have a Samsung S6 which I've been using for almost two and a half years now, and it's great. However, this morning I noticed that on the top right corner of the lock screen it shows "unregistered SIM".

This never happened before and I did turn off the device and put the sim card again, then power on again, and it still came up with the same message. Do you have any idea how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Ameer

3 REPLIES 3

bjassim
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I also have this issue of an unregistered sim message. I have tried several methods to fix this issue such as resetting network settings, clearing cache, and even a factory set; however, nothing has worked. I also tried this sim on another device and it works. Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Umaya

Hello Umaya,

Was the SIM working with the phone before? Have you tried taking out the SIM and then putting it back in the phone? If all else fail I would suggest you do a factory reset and if that does not work then it is possible your phone has hardware issues.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello A_alrusheidat,

Since you've been using your phone for a while now, it's unlikely your SIM is not activated. However, it's possible your SIM may have become damaged. Have you tried your SIM in a different phone? You might also consider getting a new SIM.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers