Samsung S10e screen protector

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Samsung S10e screen protector

I just received my new Samsung S10e from Fido and after unboxing I cannot tell if it comes with a screen protector pre installed or not. According with videos seen on youtube the S10e also comes with screen protector as its big brothers. But on these videos (mainly from USA) I have also seen a piece of paper as part of the documentation, telling that the phone has a screen protector pre installed. The documentation of my phone does not include this paper. Is it different for Canada?

In any case I want to install a new temper glass screen protector but first I would have to remove the pre installed one (if existed it). I dont want to damage my phone trying to remove a plastic film that does not exist. I would appreciate any advice or comment.

Thanks

Click here

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung S10e screen protector

The Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e comes with a pre-installed screen protector. You can find the info on fido.ca and on Samsung's website, as well. 

You should be able to remove it as it is a slim plastic film. It is true that the S10e doesn't have an in-screen fingerprint reader, but it should still come with a protector as you can see on their website, as well. 

Let us know if you were able to remove the protector or not.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted

Hello @Jalbah,

The Galaxy S10e does not have an in-screen fingerprint reader so it does not come with a pre-installed screen protector.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted

Hey @Jalbah!

The Samsung S10e comes equipped with a screen protector designed uniquely for the Galaxy S10e. You would need to remove it to replace it in the future. 

Hope this answers your question!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Mine does not seem have pre-installed. screen protector, at least I am unable to find a corner to peel it off and no paper in the documentation says it ( as i have seen in youtube videos ).

So your response it is a confirmation. My only doubt is the next comment from FidoVanessa stateting exactly the opposite.

So maybe not all cases are the same, phones don't come always equally equipped.

Thank you

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

Sorry, I appreciate your answer, but it is very confusing. The previous comment says the contrary and I cannot find on my 

phone a screen protector to remove it, and no document on the box  regarding that matter ( as I have seen on youtube ).

I am coming to the conclusion that maybe there is not unique response, but instead each case could be different.

Thank you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Solution

The Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e comes with a pre-installed screen protector. You can find the info on fido.ca and on Samsung's website, as well. 

You should be able to remove it as it is a slim plastic film. It is true that the S10e doesn't have an in-screen fingerprint reader, but it should still come with a protector as you can see on their website, as well. 

Let us know if you were able to remove the protector or not.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted

Hi FidoVanesa,

Yes, finally I was able to remove the pre installed screen protector and then replace it. 

It was not easy, but your explanation gave me confidence. 

Thank for your help. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7