cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S10e screen protector

Jalbah
I'm a participant level 3

I just received my new Samsung S10e from Fido and after unboxing I cannot tell if it comes with a screen protector pre installed or not. According with videos seen on youtube the S10e also comes with screen protector as its big brothers. But on these videos (mainly from USA) I have also seen a piece of paper as part of the documentation, telling that the phone has a screen protector pre installed. The documentation of my phone does not include this paper. Is it different for Canada?

In any case I want to install a new temper glass screen protector but first I would have to remove the pre installed one (if existed it). I dont want to damage my phone trying to remove a plastic film that does not exist. I would appreciate any advice or comment.

Thanks

Click here

6 REPLIES 6

FidoVanessa

Hey @Jalbah!

The Samsung S10e comes equipped with a screen protector designed uniquely for the Galaxy S10e. You would need to remove it to replace it in the future. 

Hope this answers your question!

Jalbah

Sorry, I appreciate your answer, but it is very confusing. The previous comment says the contrary and I cannot find on my 

phone a screen protector to remove it, and no document on the box  regarding that matter ( as I have seen on youtube ).

I am coming to the conclusion that maybe there is not unique response, but instead each case could be different.

Thank you.

The Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e comes with a pre-installed screen protector. You can find the info on fido.ca and on Samsung's website, as well. 

You should be able to remove it as it is a slim plastic film. It is true that the S10e doesn't have an in-screen fingerprint reader, but it should still come with a protector as you can see on their website, as well. 

Let us know if you were able to remove the protector or not.

Jalbah

Hi FidoVanesa,

Yes, finally I was able to remove the pre installed screen protector and then replace it. 

It was not easy, but your explanation gave me confidence. 

Thank for your help. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Jalbah,

The Galaxy S10e does not have an in-screen fingerprint reader so it does not come with a pre-installed screen protector.

Jalbah

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Mine does not seem have pre-installed. screen protector, at least I am unable to find a corner to peel it off and no paper in the documentation says it ( as i have seen in youtube videos ).

So your response it is a confirmation. My only doubt is the next comment from FidoVanessa stateting exactly the opposite.

So maybe not all cases are the same, phones don't come always equally equipped.

Thank you