cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Release Day Pricing and "Final Sale"

fran5
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

What's your opinion of the Samsung Galaxy S6 phone compared to my S4? Is it worth my money to buy?

**Edited to add labels**

3 REPLIES 3

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey fran5, 

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I've only heard good things about the s6, I'm not a Samsung user myself but I can tell you that it has a great design and an awesome HD screen! It also has a much better camera so you can take amazing selfies Tongue These are things I look for in a phone, but you might be more tech savvy . 

@Community, any insights on this? 

It has a lots of problems with Ram management that causes it to slow down bad reception since the VoLTE was introduce delays in text messages picture messages take forever to send and load. Takes forever to get updates.

The S7 was just launched yesterday if you really want to go with Samsung wait for the S7 or you can get a nexus 5X from Google for cheap just check the play store. 

marielle
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I agree here.

I owned the S6 and that whole update to help implement VoLTE caused many users phone, including myself, to be high priced MP3 players pretty much. This lasted for 2 months and that was maybe no more than 8 months into owning the phone.

My phone will be 1 year old in April and I honestly dont think I saw more than 2 updates. I still dont have Marshmallow. I also do not expect too many more updates after we are upgraded to Marshmallow in the coming weeks.

You probably are better off jumping onto the S7.