cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS to Landlines, how to STOP them?

quir0z1
I'm a participant level 1

One day I received that message about being able to send SMS to a landline (it will transform into a voice mail I guess). I accepted that day and now everythime I send a message to a landline (without knowing is a landline) I get charged 25 cents. The numbers involved are 465642 and 465645. I don't want my SMS to be delivered to landlines. How can I stop this from happening? I'm being charged 25c everythime.

HELP!

***Edited to add labels***

8 REPLIES 8

loloa

I called Fido about this issue (cancel text to landline fee) and they indicated there is nothing they can do. Naturally I challenged this response - really nothing, I'm locked in.

After being placed on hold several times I was told to email "support@telemessage.com" and say in the subject line I no longer want this service and include my phone number. 

Fido needs to take responsibility for this service (even if shirked to another carrier)  and if a customers says they want out they should be given the option more easily than having to request to speak to manager and continously demanding for more accountability....furthermore I was told a few different 'stories' all which tried to make the option more complicated and static, limiting me from opting out. Lame.

This could have been responsibly dealt with by a fido rep in 1 minute not multiple holds and 15 mins. Shame on fido for lack of transparency. 

Almf
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

The same thing has been happening to me. Everytime I turn on my cellphone (Fido prepaid service), it automatically sends out text to landline msg to 2 phone #, one is my home phone, another one is an unknown # 416-292-**76, which after some research, it's a Harshad number, some random generated number used for scamming. I've never requested any Text to Landline Messaging services, I've never texted any companies, or subscribed to any msg services. On my bill, I get charged 0.25 cents each as an Outgoing SMS. I just called Fido customer service, and they have no clue what this is about. So in the mean time, I've deleted the text message centre # on my phone, which means I can't send or received any text msg at all. This whole situation is totally absurd and unacceptable. This is obviously criminal fraud and someone is definitely responsible. Fido may have nothing to do with this, but they should do a better job addressing this issue.

Angry Fido customer

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi quir0z1,

Welcome to the community!

Paolo has answered your question on this thread.

jassalmithu
yeah, that link doesnt work.

Hi Fido4478 and jassalmithu,

With time, the posts gets moved around. Sorry about that!
Here is the thread : CLICK HERE

Hope this helps.

PeterBl

This link no longer works - san you let me know where to find this thread?  I'd like to diable this feature as well.

FidoStephen

@PeterBl wrote:

This link no longer works - san you let me know where to find this thread?  I'd like to diable this feature as well.

Click here for the link.

Fido4478
The link does not work... says access denied...