cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM was working under temporary number. After porting it is unregistered

AGMiss
I'm a participant level 2

I activated 2 lines on Sunday. They had numbers and were working. I ported over 2 numbers from another provider to both phones today. Port is completed for both. 1 phone is working fine. The other now says "unregistered SIM". Restarting does not help.

The odd thing is that when the port was complete the old non-fido phone (with a non-Fido SIM) got a text from Fido saying Welcome to Fido, the port is complete and gave instructions on how to set up voicemail. That was the last thing that happened on that phone (that was on a non-FIDO network) and then it too stopped working (as we had ported out).

How can I get the FIDO phone to work? The port is complete and 1 phone works as expected. The other switched to unregistered SIM

1 REPLY 1

AGMiss

This has been solved. Chat couldn't help. They said I needed to return to where I got the phone, although I knew that wasn't the problem since the phone worked until there was a port.

I waited almost 2 hours to speak to customer service on the phone (surprised at the length of the wait - I don't think I've ever waited that long for any customer service anywhere before). However, the phone rep looked into a number of things and spoke with technical support who said it was a technical problem on Fido's "backend" they needed to fix. A new SIM would not help. It could take more than 12 hours before we would have service and Fido tech support opened a ticket.

Fortunately, we got an automated call an hour later that it was fixed and all is working now.