SCL04-L04 Update

abrillon
I'm a participant level 1

Trying to update my HUAWEI SCL-L04 from

SCL-L04C654B130

to 

SCL-L04C654B141

through WIFi and everytimes it reboot and fails.  It does revert back no problem but for the last 4 months I get this badge that tell me to update.  How do I get rid of the badges or how do I update?

PS I tries to reset the phone to factory and retry the update.  same problem.  

I ven download to the SD card to try to update from there.  SAme problem.

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP
@abrillon is your phone's bootloader unlocked or are you using a custom recovery?

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Abrillon,

Welcome to the community!

Just to clarify, is this phone from Fido? Also, is the update OTA from Fido or are you trying to update to a different firmware?

As far as I can tell, the firmware for the Canadian version of that phone is the SCL-L04654B130 (see here). The only reference to the other firmware that I have found is on this site, however I do not know the intended market for that version. **edit** Note both firmwares are for Lollipop 5.1.1**

I understand the versions are all listed SCL04, however, Huawei has been know to use the same version labelling for different versions (see here and here for examples). Using a firmware for a different version won't work properly.

**edit** If you were trying to update a different firmware, you might be able to remove the badge by erasing the file you downloaded to update**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

TDC

Yes it is a fido phone.  WHen I got the phone 4 months ago. it did ask to update this.  DId nothig to it.  Dont know where the update OTA are coming from.  I guess I will ignore them!

Hello again,

Thanks for the additional information. I didn't think OTA updates allowed being saved to different locations...

You might consider contacting technical support through one of the options here, to verify which firmware your device should be using. The OS Upgrade schedule only lists Android 5.1 and doesn't specify whether an update was available. It's possible the SCL-L04C654B141 firmware is indeed intended for your phone version.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey everyone,

I can confirm that B141 is the latest version for the Y6. They started the push on October 26.

I would recommend bringing it to a store to have it diagnosed. @TDC do you know if the phone is still under warranty?