Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Edge Box is not sealed?

cheungyen
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,
I have just picked up my S7 Edge and saw that my box was unsealed. I asked the agent there and he said the other boxes he received were all unsealed. Is that true?
I have 3 other friends who picked up theirs from bestbuy and their boxes were perfectly sealed...
What about yours?
Thanks!

***Edited to add Labels***

11 REPLIES 11

Euain
I'm a participant level 3
I pick my box up from a Fido store as well. It was not sealed. There is a magnetic strip in the box that keeps the box closed. You have nothing to worry about.

197rosemont

Mine was unsealed too ... I think There should be a white Samsung sticker thats what i saw on google

197rosemont

image.jpeg

Mine was unsealed too ... I think There should be a white Samsung sticker thats what i saw on google

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Good question @cheungyen, we'll see what other members say! We'll look into it as soon as we have more examples.

reemzl
I'm a contributor level 2

I picked mine up from a Fido Store and mine was NOT sealed!

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @reemzl and @197rosemont.

Can you clarify what was not sealed exactly? From the picture you included @197rosemont, the sticker is intact. 

Did you mean there's no plastic around the box? I need more details so we can look into this Smiley 

reemzl

unlike the picture above, there was no seal it was just all back nothing to tear open just opened the magnatic flap, the sales rep simpley opened the flap and pulled out the phone to look at it herself before giving it to me.

@FidoRanya wrote:

@Can you clarify what was not sealed exactly? From the picture you included @197rosemont, the sticker is intact. 

Did you mean there's no plastic around the box? I need more details so we can look into this Smiley 

@FidoRanya wrote:

@Can you clarify what was not sealed exactly? From the picture you included @197rosemont, the sticker is intact. 

@FidoRanya wrote:

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Alright thanks @reemzi.

I'm going to investigate and get back to you with more info. 

197rosemont

There should be this sticker on , thats what makes the phone brand new sealed.

I still see the glue on the edge of the box from the sticker that has been removed .

Some people might not care but i do, for me the phone isnt brand new

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey everyone,

Here's an update: The boxes are closed by a magnetic closure, however, Samsung noticed that there was a chance that the boxes would open during transportation. This is why they've started to add stickers on the boxes. So, some have them, and some don't. But don't worry - it doesn't mean that the phone wasn't "sealed" if your box didn't have a sticker on it Smiley

I understand your  concern @197rosemont

When I get more info on this I'll keep you posted.