Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserving Fido number when traveling

Charitha
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Team Fido,

I am an international student in Canada and I came home to India for a few months. How can reserve my number and use it for WhatsApp but cancel all other services until I get back to Canada? 

I am already in India, so please let me know how I can proceed. By bill cycle renews in a couple of days.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Charitha,

Welcome to the community!

Fido gives the option to temporarily suspend your account so you won't lose your number.

You will need to contact customer service to have the line temporarily suspended.

A few things to note:

1. You need to have been with Fido for a minimum of one month and must not be in a contract.
  2. The suspension and the monthly suspension fees will take effect on the last day of your current billing cycle.
  3. You will have to pay for it up-front unless you have a pre-authorized payment setup.
  4. If you are on the Fido Payment Program you will continue to pay your monthly funding amount during the suspension.

You can contact customer service even from outside of the country through any of the available methods listed here

Regarding your WhatsApp as long as you have it activated before you suspend your line it should work. Once your line is suspended you will not be able to activate WhatsApps because you will not be able to receive calls/text.