cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving text messages a day later

LSherwood
I'm a participant level 2

My wife and I both have Iphone 8's, When we leave our house which we have little to no coverage and use wifi and wifi calling we typically have to restart our phones once we reach where Fido has service, another issue is we sometimes and seems to be more ofter lately we are receiving text messages sometimes a day later? Anyone have any susgestions of how to fix this besides moving to another carrier? 

Thank you for your help in advance much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi again @LSherwood , that sounds really frustrating. I was just reading about the iPhone 8 on a iPhone review forum and it was mentioned that the device isn't receiving anymore updates in 2022 since it has been discontinued. BUT if you have already tried in other devices and have the same results then it could be the network strength. What area do you live in, is it rural, suburban or urban? I live in a mountainous/coastal area and about 5 years ago the carrier towers increased and I am able to receive signal just about everywhere now. Until that time, I had to go down to the beach to get a signal from the island. Ah, the good old days. Are you able to get a signal with data roaming turned on? That could be helpful for moving between towers. Just brainstorming here. If all else fails, then a different carrier that services your area may be in order. I hope you don't have to change your carrier. 

LSherwood

Thank you Original_Lucy, I appreciate your input, we use our phones mostly with Wifi as we have FiberOp from Bell which is very fast and reliable, I do get two bars on my phone outside our house and is patchy on the way to the city, I think you are right on I may have to change carriers which I was hoping not to do. Thanks again for your help.

Good morning @LSherwood , sorry that you are having difficulty with texting. Does your iPhone require a software update from Apple?  Have you done the usual troubleshooting like reset the network, remove and reinstall your SIM card after a restart, or called in to technical support number 611 from your device? 

Does anyone else have a different device that you're able to test with? I don't have an iPhone, but those steps have helped me on android. Maybe if you are close to an urban area you could drop into a Fido store or Apple store and have someone troubleshoot it for you. I hope one of the suggestions leads you to a solution. Take care

LSherwood

Hello Original_Lucy, thankl you for your input and help, I have tried all of the above and when I called Fido they do a reset but nothing seems to help, my wife has the same phone and we ahve the same issue which is really odd. I like Fido but we are getting frustrated since we can't seem to get much help.