cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REGISTERING A NEW IPHONE AND A NEW NUMBER

ayen08
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I received my new phone today after a week of waiting, i actually received my first bill first before receiving my phone <funny huh>  today i thought if i insert my sim card in my phone, i thought it is already activated but it took me a while to figure out but no luck. I phoned an agent and we tried to figure out how to register and activate it. Been a while but no luck too. He told me wherever he is, in his system my phone is already activated but i tried everything, like taking the sim card out and put it back, and turning it on and off.. NEVER WORk. Until the agent was tired of waiting for me coz we end up restoring the phone that takes an hour. We hang up and he told me to call after the phone is done. But too bad, after a while when the phone restored... its 9pm, FIDO was close.

MY QUESTION IS: HOW CAN I ACTIVATE IT BY MYSELF?

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey ayen08!

Here's a link to information on how to activate a SIM card and start using your new phone:

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/phonewarranty/switch_equipment

Please note, however, that is this is a brand new account, your phone and SIM would already be active since it's mandatory to have an active SIM card and phone on file in order to activate the service.

For iPhones, you need to register the phone to Apple via iTunes in order to get network connection.

What's the message you are getting on your iPhone when you SIM card is inside it? Does it say "No network"? Also, are you located inside a building? Does it work while outside?

Please let us know Smiley