cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting up Voice mail for the first time

Wasabi_ca
I'm a participant level 2

This seems to be a common issue given the number of posts on this topic.  You would think Fido would have the fix for this issue by now.  We have 3 Fido numbers and all have the same probem when attempting to setup voice mail for the first time.  Following Fido instructions, press "1", when propted enter 10 digit phone number,  The result is message informing me I have an invalid phone number.  

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephane

Hey there @Wasabi_ca

Here's everything you need to know about Voicemail 

Sounds to me like you just need to program the VM number into your phones. 

Let us know if you need anything else! 

Wasabi_ca

Thanks for your reply, but I don’t believe this will fix my problem.  The Fido voice mail number is already registered to my iPhone.  I confirmed this by dialing *#5005*86# which returns the correct number.  When I select the voice mail icon from the phone app, it does call Fido voice mail and when prompted I enter my 10 digit Fido number followed by a #.  At that point I get a message telling me my number is invalid.  This also occurs with the other 2 Fido. Umbers we have.  There are several other posts with the same issue but a resolution while requested on several occasions, is never posted which leads me to believe is an Fido internal issue.

@Wasabi_ca I'll send you a PM to check out your account!