cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Switch

sharonq
I'm a participant level 2

Heads up!   I was doing a phone upgrade and the price given at the start - step 1 - was $15/m  but when I reached step 4 it changed to $47.46 with a $27 discount - a total of 20.46.  My monthly total in steps 1 to 3 was $70/m (plus tax) and by step 4 switched to $75.46.

After a very very very long conversation with support I am hoping this is resolved - though all I got was a confirmation that my order was being process not that the price was corrected.

If you are doing a  phone upgrade be careful.   Not impressed Fido and your support person didn't really care thay your system has a very upsetting glitch.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @sharonq

On the first step of the upgrade, you see the price before tax for the financing while on the last step, you see the price after tax. I'm sorry for the confusion.

sharonq

I am so disappointed with this response - clearly you did not even read my post - just the title?

I was offered a phone for $15/m (image1)  for a total of $55 + $15 = $70 before tax
On step 4 (image 2) the price changed to $47.46 with a $27 discount for a total of $55 + 20.46 before tax.  The after tax total was

I am not "confused" I am angry.

I have yet to get a confirmation that the correct price has been charge to my account - NO documention on my purchase has been received even though the person I spoke to assured me it would be sent immediately.

Changing prices in the middle of transaction is illegal and just plain wrong.  I am trying to alert people to this and you call me "confused". 

This is not the kind of service or support I expect.

Your technician also spent over 30 min trying to convince me the problem was taxes.   All yo u need to do was actually read my post to see that taxes was not the issue. YOU CHANGED THE PRICE.

Hello Sharonq,

They didn't change the price. However, there are some misunderstandings regarding how the taxes are calculated. You calculated taxes based on the after bill credit cost ($15). However, Fido charges taxes on the full cost of the phone (see here). That is, on the pre-bill credit cost ($42). The bill credit you received ($27) does not include, nor is subject include taxes.

Taxes on Pre-bill cost = $42 x 13% (ON) = $5.46

Cost for device installments = After bill credit cost + Taxes on Pre-bill cost = $15 + $5.46 = $20.46

Since the cost for the device shown in your image includes taxes, the $20.46 is not subject to taxes again. So your cart summary should show a subtotal before taxes (plan cost - bill credit); subtotal including taxes (previous subtotal x 13%); monthly installment (already includes taxes). Your total monthly fee would be subtotal including taxes + monthly installment.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello again,

@Cawtau wrote:...

Since the cost for the device shown in your image includes taxes, the $20.46 is not subject to taxes again. So your cart summary should show a subtotal before taxes (plan cost - bill credit); subtotal including taxes (previous subtotal x 13%); monthly installment (already includes taxes). Your total monthly fee would be subtotal including taxes + monthly installment.

Oops! That should be: previous subtotal x 1.13

Apologies for my error 😬

Cheers

Hey @sharonq

I'm sorry if my previous reply was not clear.

The total you see on the last page, is the regular price after tax. However, the amount you'll pay will be the discounted price plus tax. In your case, it means you'll pay $15 plus tax for the phone.