Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid to monthly plan

lauracwang
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

I've been a Fido customer since c. 2015 / 2016 and have always been on a monthly plan, however since 2018, I relocated overseas for work and switched my phone plan to a monthly prepaid plan ($12 per month). Recently, I moved back to Canada and am now exploring monthly plans and would like to switch back from prepaid to monthly.

I've dialed 1-888-481-3436 which provided me a couple of monthly plan options to switch to, but it appears none of them suit my current needs (some plans were text and data only, some were talk and text only, etc.). I noticed there are a couple of plans being promoted for boxing week deals - how can I sign up for these plans if I am currently using a prepaid plan? Would I need to first switch to one of the options provided through the customer service line, and then sign up for the plans I see on the Fido website? Or is there a way to bypass the step of migrating the prepaid to monthly plan through phone?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

L

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Lauracwang,

Welcome to the community!

I think you might have to contact customer service as a credit check would likely be required prior to switching from a prepaid to a postpaid plan (see here). Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

lauracwang

Hi Cawtau,

Thanks for the response - this was very helpful. I was able to get through to a representative on the customer service line.

Cheers,

L