cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Device Protection - Everything you need to know

jlambri
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I purchased a new unlocked non fido device galaxy note 8 which I activated on fido on january 31st 2018, according to the new device protection policy as of feb 1st 2018, my new non fido unlocked device should be eligible for the device protection on the fido netwrok.

I called in on feb 7th for some troubleshooting when the rep asked me if I wanted to add device protection on my new device, she asked my IMEI and phone model and told me it was activated on january 31sy on fido and that I would have 45 days to activate the device protection. I said i would think about it.  I called back today feb 19th and was told I'm not elegible as only fido devices are eligible. I refered the rep to the fido website where its clearly stated non fido devices are eligible:

'All devices are covered including Apple, non-Fido and select Fido devices, and standard accessories including battery, charger, SIM card and memory card. Fido Prepaid are not eligible.'

This was also confirmed to by the rep I spoke to on feb 7th.  Apparently this rep didn't leave notes on this part of the conversation as I assume it wasn't the reason for my call at the time. 

All to say, this has been very frustrating experience and I spent over an hour on the phone and could not get a straight answer from fido as to why they couldn't add it on now when it was offered to me less than 2 weeks ago and as well as that I am curretly eligible to have the protection. 

Again after about 20 years with fido I'm left feeling underwhelmed with the level of customer service I've been receiving lately.  I had 4 lines with fido last year and now am down to 2, simply because of the service.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @jlambri and @Community!

Just wanted to let everyone know that starting today we have open enrollment for Device Protection! This means as long as your phone is not damaged, then you can add the service!

Let us know if you're interested and we'll send you a PM! Smiley

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @jlambri!

If you're activating with a non-Fido device, you can definitely add the service as long as the device is not already damaged or lost.

I'll send you a PM so we can check this out together and to see if we can add it Smiley