Post Dial Delay & Incoming Call Delay

Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Post Dial Delay & Incoming Call Delay

Just came to Fido from Chatr...

I have a serious delay with getting a call setup. When I dial out, there's a 6 second (dead air) delay before ringback. When I call my cell phone (on Fido) from a landline, it takes about 14 seconds before my phone even rings (the other side gets dead air for about 6 seconds before hearing ringback). There is no delay when I call 611 (almost instant connection) but that's the only number without an issue.

The device is a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it worked great when I was with Chatr. Under Chatr, there were no delays in getting a call setup (incoming & outgoing). I figured there would be no difference since both companies are technically under the Rogers umbrella. The only major difference I can think of is that this is now a LNP/FMNP (ported) number in the system.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: Post Dial Delay & Incoming Call Delay

Hi everyone,

This should now be resolved.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing a long delay. A delay of up to 5 seconds is normal. 

Thank you for flagging this everyone!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 37
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

I'd like to thank everyone for posting their experience. Made the decision of calling customer service one last time and mentioned that there are other people having the same issue as well. I mentioned the last post; that someone experienced a delay even with the phone turned off. That kind of steered them to look at other things rather than trying to blame my phone.

To my surprise, this particular customer service representative was able to get someone in networking to do some traces and we now have a network ticket! If they fix this ticket, I'm sure it'll be a fix for all of us.

Going to give Fido a fair chance to fix the problem. If they can resolve this, I'll stay. Pretty much happy with everything else except for the serious delay for incoming calls. If they fix this, I am going to call this person's manager and tell them how impressed I am with her.

Waiting & hoping optimistically...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 37
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey guys,

I'm really sorry to hear about this. 

Could each of you (who are affected) please send me a private message (click on my name and you'll see it on the right side) with your phone number? I will gladly look into this for you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 37
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

ahh they finally did an SS7 trace? its about time i was wondering why they took so long to do this? its probably a faulty swtich somewhere along the network.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 37
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I'm still having the delay problem and no one from tech support or head office has bothered to call me back as they probably don't have a clue. any suggestions from here are welcome. I clicked on your name however I don't see any way to send you a message with my info?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 37
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SlimchanceJohn wrote:

I'm still having the delay problem and no one from tech support or head office has bothered to call me back as they probably don't have a clue. any suggestions from here are welcome. I clicked on your name however I don't see any way to send you a message with my info?

Hey SlimchanceJohn,

After clicking on my name, you should see "Send this user a private message" on the right. Are you sure it's not there?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 37
Highlighted

Ok, found it, I just sent you a message, thanks
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 37
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Update for everyone: I received a text message at 12:22 MST today for the ticket they opened for me, saying, "Hello, this is Fido. I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on your network issue that was reported yesterday. -Service a la clientele Fido"

Missed a few calls today (according to WhoCalled) - phone never rang.

@SlimchanceJohn: I'll send you my ticket number privately (we both have the same issue) - not sure if they have a way of attaching your account to that ticket as well? You can mention that to them the next time you chat with them. Saves you the extra work of explaining.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 37
Highlighted

Ok thanks for the info, at least you got a text answer back .  I sent a" help!" letter to the so called  "presidents office" on Monday thinking i would hear back in a day or so, however nothing, zipo, zero, zilch, nada 4 days out now.  President of what? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 37
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi everyone!

What is the latest update with the ticket(s) opened?

Thanks,

m.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 37
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

I haven't talked to Fido yesterday but I think the ticket is with the Rogers Voice NOC and they're still working on it. Yesterday, on my Caller ID, I noticed a test call from Rogers @ 18:34 MST and then another call from the Rogers Voice NOC @ 18:57 MST.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 37