cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please call pickup centre if you didnt receive ready for pickup email

red12
I'm a participant level 3

A word of caution for my fellow black friday phone upgraders, even if you didnt get ready for pickup email: just call the center you opted for pickup and enquire if your order is ready. In my case, the order was ready and I didnt get any email. Had i waited longer, my promotion would have lapsed !

13 REPLIES 13

diane171
I'm a participant level 1

I ordered my phone Wednesday and was told I should be able to pick it up the next day. Now it is Friday and still no email. I tried calling and calling the store but they do not answer. It rings three times and I get a voice message that says that number is not available Goodbye. So now what am I supposed to do? I cannot even check if they have a phone for me. So I may go all the way out there for nothing. I called customer service and was told that they do not see any inventory at that store. Thanks a lot Fido.! I am seriously considering changing providers if I do not get my phone this weekend. I have been a Fido customer for many years, pay my bill as soon as I get it, and this is not the kind of service I expect or deserve. 

Hello @diane171,

Sorry to hear you're still waiting on an update for your phone, I understand this can be frustrating. We wouldn't want to see you go!

Feel free to reach out via these methods and we'll be happy to look into it. 

dlimos

your live chat and 611 does not work, waited two hours on 611 then my call was dropped, had been trying on live chat for the last 5 days, my order was initially cancelledand because i have full trust i ordered again, now i have two phone orders in limbo, your service sucks

Hello@dlimos,

Welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble getting support. Since Monday, have you managed to get in touch with someone?

Let us know.

NT8

Same thing just happened to my friend reffered by me. Checked everyday for the "ready for pickup" email and just now received a cancellation email for missing the window. This is ridiculous. Anyone else figure this out? Guess we'll have to call and see, but I don't have high hopes. 

lchatz1970
I'm a participant level 2

I upgraded my plan and phone online on November 27.

Received email confirmation with clear instructions not to go to the store until I received a "Ready for Pickup" email.  Waited until November 30, no email.  Called Fido.  Was told that due to the high number or requests for this phone, it may take a month to receive. 

Received an email today (December 3) saying that my window to pickup phone has expired and the phone is no longer avaialble, but don't worry, there are other great deals online.  Yes, but find me a phone with 0 dollars and 0 dollars per month.

dreamminute

Same thing just happened to me.

Upgraded online on Monday Nov 28.  Got a confirmation email with very clear instructions that I had to wait before I could pick up:

Please wait for the ‘Ready For Pickup' email we'll be sending you before visiting a store. You will have 3 days to pick up your order once you receive that email.

So I waited and waited.  I assumed things were busy.  I checked spam folder etc.  Today I get an email saying I've missed the window and everything is cancelled.

WTF

I guess I'll be calling customer support tomorrow but seriously WTF

lchatz1970

I called Customer Service. Waited for 1.5 hours to be told they couldn't do anything. Told me you need to go to the store. It's a store issue. Went to the store. They tried to activate but couldn't. They could do the upgrade but that would mean paying the current price of the phone which is $10.00 per month. The store said they needed to call customer service to bypass something so I could get the phone for the promotion price. Still waiting for store to call me. They also told me that this happened to a whole list of people. I was not the only one. 

TravelMusing

Oh... I see now that there are quite a few of us here who experienced the same issue! 

I wonder if we can collectively get together, and request Fido to honour what they have sold. 

red12

pathetic service from FIDO, expected this and hence gave a warning for all the people through this post.

Hi there, 

Please contact one of our support channels so we can flag this 

Fido.ca/contact 

Thank you 

kasemsit

i appointment to express pick up the phone but when i go to shop fido staff told me no phone.

should i can do?

red12

Be in touch with the store people constantly till they have the phone on stock and then go collect it immediately once its available.