Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off fido roam

bantunn
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello fido,

Looks like I'm just waking up to this whole untoward thing about fido roam. Let me just state clearly here that I do not want fido roam. Could you kindly please help me turn this off at source before I make the decision to completely port to a different carrier? I am in the US now on a vacation, with airplane mode on all the time. I have not made nor received any calls. Neither have I sent any text messages. But for some reason, I'm expecting that you will pass me a bill for roaming charges by the end of the month. If this happens, I'm leaving fido for good.

For now, I want to request that my fido roam be absolutely turned off so I can turn on my phone in peace. Whoever can help with this, please respond to my message. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

llkwmlkm
I'm a participant level 2

I contacted Fido support through the live chat on the website. They turned off Fido Roam for me. 

Mars4

Sorry, I see that there are actually phone numbers listed when you investigate your link above. I couldn't find them when i needed them when travelling a few months ago.

FidoAnthony

Hey @bantunn,

We can definitely take a look at your account. 

To get started, you can reach out to us on these channels and we'll take it from there! :grinning_face:

Mars4

I have found out the hard way, after much searching, that the only way to turn off Fido Roam so that you aren't charged for a whole day of roaming for sending One text is to call Fido on the phone and wait as long as it takes(long time) to talk with a real person. NO OTHER WAY!  So easy to turn it on!!! But to turn off you have to find a phone number to call, which in itself is very difficult, not listed on the "Contact Fido" page. This should be a self serve online ability.  Tip: Do this waiting on hold to talk with a real person before you leave home, not when you're roaming.  Ridiculous that its so inaccessible!  Clicking on your link above does not lead to any help! Won't be renewing with Fido.